Can I use a translation mod?

Hi all,

Sorry, I don't speak german and only found this forum for the sb.gameunity.tv:21025  server.

I would like to ask, can I play this game using an spanish translation mod? All it does is translate the game text into spanish, as that is where I am from and the mod hast almost 80% of all starbound already translated into spanish.  I ask this because it is my first time trying to play in a dedicated server and read that no modded items etc are allowed, so I am not so sure about translation mods that are harmless but I don't know if it can affect the server in any way.

thanks

Hey,

don't worry - most of the posts here are in German, but English is totally fine!

Unfortunately, you can't join the server with mods - this includes translation mods. It's not really possible to 'whitelist' mods, so we can only allow clients without any mods.

Maybe it will be possible in the future, but not right now.

Gerade eben schrieb Zwergengraf:

Hey,

don't worry - most of the posts here are in German, but English is totally fine!

Unfortunately, you can't join the server with mods - this includes translation mods. It's not really possible to 'whitelist' mods, so we can only allow clients without any mods.

Maybe it will be possible in the future, but not right now.

Ok thanks for the info, no problem at all.

another 3 questions I have, are:

1) I plan on playing with 2 friends (just bougth the game as present to them ^^ ) so we would start fresh in the server. Can you play this game in a dedicated server as if you were playing in your own server with friends or singleplayer in term of story? I mean, can we all log into this dedicated server, and start the story quests etc? Or this server has zero story and you start in a different place etc?

2) About character creation, what happens in a dedicated server with pvp enable (this one has it right?) if players create Casual characters and others create Survival character or even hardcore ones? Or does the server force everyone into the same type of character even if they create another type?

3) In this server, do you have to create a new character to start, or you can log with a character you played with in singleplayer mode?

thanks in advance

1) Yes, you can play (almost) like in singleplayer. One difference is that the NPCs at the outpost are already 'unlocked' by other players. In a singleplayer game you would have to 'unlock' them first, but this doesn't really make a difference.

2) The server does not force a type of characters. In fact, all characters are shared between singleplayer and multiplayer.

3) No, you can use any character you want as long as you follow the rules (don't bring edited / modded / spawned items and so on).

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Zwergengraf:

1) Yes, you can play (almost) like in singleplayer. One difference is that the NPCs at the outpost are already 'unlocked' by other players. In a singleplayer game you would have to 'unlock' them first, but this doesn't really make a difference.

2) The server does not force a type of characters. In fact, all characters are shared between singleplayer and multiplayer.

3) No, you can use any character you want as long as you follow the rules (don't bring edited / modded / spawned items and so on).

OK thanks for all the info. So, as it is pvp enable everywhere, if I choose to have a Survival character and I end up being killed by another player (Casual in this case), I would drop all my item but if i kill him he won't right? as server does not force the same type for everyone.

About outpost unlocking, you mean that during story etc NPCs (merchants I guess?) will unlock eventually and now for every player in this server they are all unlocked from the get go right? Any other major difference like that from this server to playing in your own or single player?

vor 14 Minuten schrieb kironcete:

OK thanks for all the info. So, as it is pvp enable everywhere, if I choose to have a Survival character and I end up being killed by another player (Casual in this case), I would drop all my item but if i kill him he won't right? as server does not force the same type for everyone.

About outpost unlocking, you mean that during story etc NPCs (merchants I guess?) will unlock eventually and now for every player in this server they are all unlocked from the get go right? Any other major difference like that from this server to playing in your own or single player?

PvP is not autmatically enabled, you can enable it for your character by typing /pvp in the chat. Two players can only damage each other if both have PvP enabled. If that has happened however, this is indeed how it works.

Indeed, some characters at the outpost only appear after finishing some quests in a new world, this has already happened on the server (The same happens when you start a second character in singleplayer). You will still have to finish quests to USE those characters (Most are indeed merchants), but they are already there. This server also gives you the option to protect planets (other players can no longer manipulate blocks and open chests there unless you permit them). We also have a (completley optional) guild system, where you can create and join guilds. At the moment, this only gives you access to a chat that only members of your guild can read, and for sufficiently big guilds, a guild tag displayed in front of your name in chat. Otherwise, the only difference to singleplayer is the obvious, there are other players around. This enables fun interactions; there often are musicians at the outpost, you can trade items with people, they can help you if you get stuck on a mission etc.

For the serverintern commands, see https://www.gameunity.tv/starbound-gameserver-english/

vor 17 Minuten schrieb DragonsForce:

PvP is not autmatically enabled, you can enable it for your character by typing /pvp in the chat. Two players can only damage each other if both have PvP enabled. If that has happened however, this is indeed how it works.

Indeed, some characters at the outpost only appear after finishing some quests in a new world, this has already happened on the server (The same happens when you start a second character in singleplayer). You will still have to finish quests to USE those characters (Most are indeed merchants), but they are already there. This server also gives you the option to protect planets (other players can no longer manipulate blocks and open chests there unless you permit them). We also have a (completley optional) guild system, where you can create and join guilds. At the moment, this only gives you access to a chat that only members of your guild can read, and for sufficiently big guilds, a guild tag displayed in front of your name in chat. Otherwise, the only difference to singleplayer is the obvious, there are other players around. This enables fun interactions; there often are musicians at the outpost, you can trade items with people, they can help you if you get stuck on a mission etc.

For the serverintern commands, see https://www.gameunity.tv/starbound-gameserver-english/

Ok thanks a lot for all the info. This is the biggest european server as fas as I have seen.

When I first learned of starbound I thought there would be many dedicated servers with big populations, but I have seen that it is totally the contrary, very few servers with around 10-30 players online max. Wierd as this is an amazing game with great playability in multiplayer, but well, at least in Europe we have this server. Thanks for all the work done ;)

BTW, progress done in this server, if I want to play singleplayer with the same character, then it is not saved to my single player game right?