Do you keep character progression (quests, story, etc) and items from server to single player and viceversa?

I still don't know much about playing starbound in a dedicated server. My question is, imagine I start playing from zero with a new character in this dedicated server, and play the story, do some planets, get some items, update my ship a bit etc. if I decide to play in my PC singleplayer or coop with a friend in my computer, do I keep all that progression? Quests done, story done, items in my character and inside my ship, ship updates etc?

I know that planet construction would be lost, but I don't know about the other stuff I mentioned.

And what about the other way? If I play singleplayer a lot and then I decide to join this server with that character?

thanks in advance

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zwergengraf:

All characters are saved on your computer, you can switch between singleplayer and multiplayer without losing progress (of your character and ship).

Planets, on the other side, are stored on the server.

It's totally fine to use any character on our server as long as you follow the rules :)

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Zwergengraf:

All characters are saved on your computer, you can switch between singleplayer and multiplayer without losing progress (of your character and ship).

Planets, on the other side, are stored on the server.

It's totally fine to use any character on our server as long as you follow the rules :)

Ok, so items that I store in my home on a planet will be lost if I decide to go to another server or single player mode. But item on me and on my ships, as well as progression on quests and story comes with my character too?

vor 1 Stunde schrieb kironcete:

Ok, so items that I store in my home on a planet will be lost if I decide to go to another server or single player mode. But item on me and on my ships, as well as progression on quests and story comes with my character too?

The items won't be lost, you can always go back on the server, but yes, they won't come with you. Your ship, your character inventory, and your quest markers will transfer; unlocking merchants on the Outpost (As in them opening the shop, unlike the Penguins in the bar and weapon shop which need a mission done and then talk to you) however is saved in the world; on most servers they will already be unlocked, and if you "finish" the game in singleplayer with one character and start a new one, they will also be there. If you however do the missions on a server, those things will not be unlocked in your singleplayer world.