Client-Server Connection Invalid

Hello everyone,

so I got a bit of an issue here. I've been playing on your server for several days, but after a couple hours today, I keep losing connection. The error message I receive upon dropping: "Client-Server connection is no longer valid."

Edit: Alternatively, I get a kick due to inactivity, even while moving and clearly opening chests etc.

I can usually join with a suspiciously long loading time, but disconnect within seconds. FPS are quite horrid as well during that time.

Would love to see any ideas as to why that is.

Character name just in case: Meta Lead.

Edit T+30: According to a mate who asked in chat, it's a server-side issue. Whoever leaves can't rejoin. Good to know, still mildly annoying. At least it's not me.

Hey,

there are a few things that can cause disconnects, unfortunately we don't really know the causes yet.

'Mass disconnects' (a lot of players disconnecting at the same time) can occur if there are a lot of players online (30+). This is a known issue since Starbound v1.0, it did not happen before.

Sometimes players get disconnected / kicked 'due to inactivity', but it seems to happen almost randomly. Some players seem to have this issue frequently, for other players it happens very rarely. I don't think that it's connected to the number of online players, so if it happens again, please let us know what you were doing, on what planet / ship and so on.

Am 8.1.2017 um 14:07 schrieb SkullCollector:

According to a mate who asked in chat, it's a server-side issue. Whoever leaves can't rejoin. Good to know, still mildly annoying. At least it's not me.

I don't know who told you, but I'd suggest you only trust our team members when it comes to the technical stuff :) Starbound is not really known for stability and performance, but we will try to do anything to fix this issue.

Again, if you are affected by disconnects, please let us know here (including details what you were doing, the time when it happened and so on).